Classroom Dinosaur Curriculum
For preschool, kindergarten, and primary school children ages 3-8 years.
The Classroom Dinosaur Curriculum is used by teachers as a prevention program for an entire classroom of students. The curriculum is delivered 2-3 times a week by teachers in the classroom in 20-30 minute circle time lessons, followed by small group practice activities and promotion of skills throughout the school day. The program includes letters for teachers to send home with suggested activities parents can do with their children to reinforce the classroom learning and promote parent involvement in classroom learning. The program includes lesson plans for 3 “levels” so that teachers can choose lessons based on children’s developmental age (Level 1: ages 3-5, Level 2: ages 5-6, Level 3: ages 7-8).
- Apatosaurus Unit 1: Wally & Dina Teach About School Rules
- Iguanodon Unit 2: Dina Teaches About Doing Your Best in School
- Triceratops Unit 3: Wally Teaches About Understanding & Detective Feelings
- Stegosaurus Unit 4: Wally Teaches How to Problem Solve
- Tyrannosaurus Rex Unit 5: Tiny Turtle Teaches Anger Management
- Allosaurus Unit 6: Molly Teaches How to be Friendly
- Brachiosaurus Unit 7: Molly Explains How to Talk with Friends
For more details, please see the program Content & Objectives:Content and Objectives of the Dina Dinosaur Curriculum How does this program align with Common Core Standards?
Summary of Classroom Dinosaur Content and Delivery
- Program Video Vignettes (4 total hours) are available in 3 formats: 3 DVD set –or– 1 USB drive –or– NEW 1-year streaming subscription (online streaming English-only)
- 5 Comprehensive Teacher lesson plan manuals with 3 levels of lesson plans
- Detective Home Activities (Also available in Spanish)
- Wally’s Detective Kit Box (47 laminated and colored cue cards for teaching social skills, anger management and problem solving concepts)
- Wally’s Detective Books for Solving Problems (set of 4)
- Stickers (7 rolls: “Ask me how I shared,” “I can stop my anger,” “I’m good at listening,” “I can solve problems,” “I worked hard today,” “I’m good at helping” & “Dina Homework Tonight”)
- Wally’s Feeling Wheel Posters (2 types)
- Calm Down Thermometer Poster
- Dina’s Wheel of Fortune Poster
- Classroom rules Laminated Cards (set of 7)
- Feeling Faces Laminated Cards set
- Incredible Teachers Book
- Dina’s Greatest Hits: Songs for Dinosaur School (Streaming online. Orders will receive page login & password information)
- Tote Bag
- Dina Dinosaur Magnet
Puppets sold separately. Puppets and other supplemental materials support and enhance the curriculum and program delivery and may be purchased separately. View the Supplemental Materials.
Please see basic cost information provided below. This is meant to give a general overview of upfront and ongoing costs. Please don’t hesitate to contact us for more particular questions regarding program & book discounts, training costs, etc.
Up Front Costs
Group Leader Training: See Workshop Information.
Books for teachers
Incredible Teachers: Nurturing Children’s Social, Emotional, and Academic Competence: $29.95
Venue for leading groups
Supplies for Small Group Activity time
Be sure to plan for ongoing consultation by phone or in person for new group leaders. Consultation is conducted by certified Incredible Years Mentors and Trainers. This early support and feedback ensures the parenting groups are delivered with fidelity and are successful. Consultation Fee: $210/hour
Group Leaders are encouraged to apply for certification/accreditation, which promotes fidelity to the program by ensuring optimal outcomes. See Certification section for more details and information on pricing.
Incredible Years® Classroom Dinosaur Curriculum (Clip)
Classroom Dinosaur Year 2, Part 1, Vignette 1 (Clip)
Classroom Dinosaur Introduction (Clip)
Classroom Dinosaur, Problem Solving Group Bingo Activity (Clip)
Classroom Dinosaur, Problem Solving Group Maze Activity (Clip)
Classroom Dinosaur, Anger Management Lesson (Clip)
Classroom Dinosaur, Wally Book Small Group Activity (Clip)
Incredible Years® Program Video Streaming Now Available!
The Classroom Dina program is available in online streaming format (available in English only). If you’re purchasing a new curriculum set you have the option to order the full program set with a one-year subscription to the videos streaming online. If you already own the program you have the option to add a one-year subscription to the videos streaming online.
Features of the Online Streaming Format:
- Usable on any device with internet connection. No DVD/USB needed.
- Easy to navigate video channels for each program part and vignette
- Unique, secure login for each Group Leader
Program Video available in USB Format
Our Classroom Dina programs are available in USB format. If you’re purchasing a new curriculum set you will have the option to choose either the DVD or USB format. If you already own the program you have an option, for a limited time, to upgrade your DVD set to the USB format. We just ask that the original DVD set be returned to IY along with an upgrade fee of $200.
Features of Flash Drive format:
Program Video available in DVD Format
Language Versions: English, Danish, Norwegian
See our tips for playing DVDs: Playing DVDs On Your Computer