Helping Preschool Children with Autism
For parents and teachers of children ages 2-5 years.
This new 6 session program can be offered to both Teachers and Parents working with preschool children on the Autism Spectrum. The goal of the program is to promote children’s emotional regulation, positive social interactions, language development, and school readiness. This program can be used as a stand alone, or it can be used as a supplement to either Teacher Classroom Management Program OR the Parent Autism Program. Contact us for more information about this program!
- Language Development
- Social Interactions and School Readiness
- Emotional Literacy and Self-Regulation
- 3 DVD set; shown in 6 sessions
- Comprehensive Leader’s Manual, including weekly “Spotlighting Tips” (brief points to remember from program) and weekly practice activities for parents or teachers
- Helping Preschool Children with Autism: Parents and Teachers as Partners book
- Autism Parenting Pyramid Poster
- Toddler Brain Development Neurons Poster
- Turtle Puppet
- Attention Spotlight Magnet
- Attention Spotlight Poster
- Calm Down Thermometer Poster
- Small Laminated Self-Regulation cue cards on key ring
Supplemental materials support and enhance the programs and may be purchased separately.
- Incredible Parents® Conversation Card Game
- Feeling Face Cards (Laminated full page set or small laminated cards on key rings)
- Piggybank Poster
- Incredible Years® Stickers (“You are incredible!” “I am an incredible parent!”)
- Calm Down Thermometer Poster
- Pig Timer
- Set of 4 Wally Problem Solving Books
- Audio Book: The Incredible Years: A guide for parents of children ages 2-8 years old (sold on iTunes and Audible)
- Experts in Action: Parent Groups Program
- Experts in Action: Cross-Cultural Parent Groups Program
Please see basic cost information provided below. This is meant to give a general overview of upfront and ongoing costs. Please don’t hesitate to contact us for more particular questions regarding program & book discounts, training costs, etc.
Up Front Costs
Helping Preschool Children with Autism: Teachers and Parents as Partners Program: $1000.00 (Purchase)
Group Leader Training: Contact us if you are interested in attending training for this program
Books for parents & teachers
Helping Preschool Children with Autism: Parents and Teachers as Partners – cover price $26.95 ($25.95 per copy if purchasing 2-99 copies)
Venue for leading groups
Be sure to plan for ongoing consultation by phone or in person for new group leaders. Consultation is conducted by certified Incredible Years® Mentors and Trainers. This early support and feedback ensures the parenting groups are delivered with fidelity and are successful. Consultation Fee: $210/hour
Group Leaders are encouraged to apply for certification/accreditation, which promotes fidelity to the program by ensuring optimal outcomes. See Certification section for more details.
Watch the program preview!
Incredible Years® Program Video Streaming Now Available!
The Helping Preschool Children with Autism program is available in online streaming format (available in English only). If you’re purchasing a new curriculum set you have the option to order the full program set with a one-year subscription to the videos streaming online. If you already own the program you have the option to add a one-year subscription to the videos streaming online.
Features of the Online Streaming Format:
- Usable on any device with internet connection. No DVDs needed.
- Easy to navigate video playlists for each program part and vignette
- Unique, secure login for each Group Leader
See our tips for playing DVDs: Playing DVDs On Your Computer